We develop, improve and coordinate opportunities for elderly, well-aged people to become involved in meaningful activities in the community. To achieve our objectives, we provide:
- a monthly newsletter to various groups involved in the welfare of the aged,
- information on organisation/group activities,
- "Our Place" drop-in centre.
Who may join?
- any person who applies and is approved by a majority of the management committee,
- any organisation, within Maryborough and district, interested in the well being of older people, and approved by the management committee.
The committee receives Government funding under the Older People's Action Program as administered by the Department of Families. Funding is used to engage a Project Officer and to meet the operating costs incurred in meeting our objectives.
Disability Services Queensland provides funding for ORACLE news tapes to print-impaired clients.
The crane has been chosen for the logo of the Maryborough and District Committee on the Ageing Inc. It is a sign of longevity, good works and is an augury of the future.
The crane is featured on the fairy fountain in Queens Park.