The Maryborough and District Committee on the Ageing (Inc) protects and promotes the well-being of all well-aged persons in the Maryborough community. We aim to develop, improve and coordinate opportunities for elderly, well people to become involved in meaningful activities in the community through:
- Promoting access to services for well-aged persons,
- Promoting community awareness,
- Encouraging positive attitudes of the well-aged, and
- Developing links between organisations.
To achieve these objectives, we provide:
- a monthly newsletter to various groups involved in the welfare of the aged,
- information on organisation/group activities,
- a seminar for the well aged,
- "Our Place" drop-in centre.
- advocacy on older persons issues to local, state and commonwealth gvernments,
- a guest speaker for health promotion "Stay on Your Feet" programme.